Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at.
(01-12-2018, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well with the hire of Frank Pollack i would be surprised if we didn't atleast add a Guard or Tackle in FA.

Norwell and Andre and i would be happy.

There are 3 free agents that were Cowboys last year. Starting LG Jonathan Cooper, backup RT Byron Bell and sub C/G Joe Looney.  

The FA class is rough, but theyll have to sign or trade for a few vets rather than draft needs high and rush players that may not be ready. ANY edge is helpful, but they'll have to pay market value or above to fill a need. We're talking early days Marvin stuff like Tory James where they actually payed a guy that parlayed his contract year into something the Bengal wanted to fill a need.  Same goes for a specific need of run blocking on the right side with Bobbie Williams.  They even payed above market value for John Thornton regardless of naysayers asking if his production was due more to Haynesworth.

It would take a radical change to pay the double digit pay it will take to land a guy like Norwell that most want.  A hometown discount won't be enough.  That's why if a guy like Cooper compares similar deals, maybe Pollack can help tip the scale, but guranteed money will talk.  He didn't start Bell, a guy that some wanted last year and I don't much about Looney other than his funny Zeke imitation.  

Whatever edge Pollack brings you work it and hope you end up with some sort of T and C/G by the draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at. - phil413 - 01-13-2018, 02:16 AM