Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at.
(01-17-2018, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd love for us to go get Price but I just don't see it happening.  We'd likely have to give up our second and third 

I hope we go after Jensen in free agency because it opens up our draft A TON and would give us a solid anchor in the middle of the line.

I agree with this approach but would broaden to include other Centers beyond Jensen.

PFF scores for 2017:
Jensen (#9 Center) - 74.9 (average)
Sullivan (#10 Center) - 74.6 (average)
Richburg - 71.3 (average)

These guys are all set to hit FA and are right about the same scores.
Jensen and Richburg are 26 years old so they'll likely land a big, multi-year deal. But either would be big improvements over Bodine.
Sullivan was also really good but he's 32 years old, so he should come cheaper than both Jensen and Richburg.
Sullivan seems like a good target if the Bengals are going to bargain shop for a 1-2 stopgap deal. Could then still draft a replacement to groom or groom Redmond or Westerman truly at C while the other focuses solely on OG.

Personally, I consider C to be the second-most important position on the OL behind LT and we're seeing teams starting to pay centers like it, so get a mainstay at the position like Richburg or Jensen and don't look back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at. - ochocincos - 01-18-2018, 03:12 PM