Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Teryl Austin Next DC of Bengals - Confirmed
(01-08-2018, 05:48 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Josina Anderson

Verified account

@JosinaAnderson
8m8 minutes ago
More
I'm told Teryl Austin is going to accept the #Bengals offer to become their defensive coordinator, per source.

I like his resume.  Coached under D Guru Joe Paterno.  Then coached at Wake Forest, Syracuse, Michigan under Lloyd Carr....Coached Seattle Seahawks under Mike Holmgren to Super Bowl....Coached Arizona Cardinals under Ken Whisenhunt to Super Bowl...Defensive Coordinator under Urban Meyer at Florida Gators....Coached Baltimore Ravens under Harbaugh to Super Bowl Win....Defensive Coordinator at Detroit Lions under Jim Caldwell and Lions were considered one of better Defenses in NFL.....Jon Gruden was trying to hire him to Raiders when he accepted Bengals offer. ....I liked that Zimmer had worked under good coaches and I like that Austin has worked under some top coaches.  Like Hall Of Fame LeBeau he has Defensive Back Coach experience AND Defensive Coordinator experience. 

Looking this thing over, Defensive Coach of 3 different Super Bowl Teams...Joe Paterno, Lloyd Carr, Mike Holmgren, Ken Whisenhunt, Urban Meyer, John Harbaugh, Jim Caldwell.....I would say Bengals are LUCKY to be getting this guy.
1968 Bengal Fan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teryl Austin Next DC of Bengals - Confirmed - kevin - 01-09-2018, 08:11 AM