Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-10-2018, 02:50 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: I guess passer rating is infallible in your mind

Nick Foles has the 2nd highest active passer rating season of all time. Lol.  Must be accurate.

QB rating is not infallible but it's far superior to the more SUBJECTIVE QBR bullshit stat.

As to Nick Foles, according to the lists I've seen, he doesn't even qualify. I've looked at 3 different websites and they all list the top 3 in active QB rating as Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady. 

BTW, according to QBR, Case Keenum was the 2nd best QB in the league this season. 

(01-10-2018, 03:38 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Because it also includes the importance of the specific game, the timing of the completion and first down, the pressure a qb was under in the situation, basically everything that the casual fan can’t compile.

So list the forumla. If it's such an infallible tool, list the formula so we can see how each game is judged, how each completion is weighted, how each first down is different from the others, how the pressure of the situation plays a hand in the end result, etc.

Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach - PhilHos - 01-10-2018, 03:58 PM