Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-10-2018, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the reason I don't like the QBR stat has nothing to do with where it ranks Dalton.  The problem I have is that no one knows what it really measures.  It seems kind of "made up".

I know exactly how to calculate Passer Rating, and Dalton has finished in the top half of the league 4 times in seven years.

If you want to look at something other than just pure passing stats then here is how Dalton ranks among the 35 active QB who have at least 1000 passing attempts since '11.

2nd in rushing tds

3rd in "fourth quarter comebacks"..https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2011&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&comeback=Y&is_active=Y&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

4th in "game winning drives"..https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2011&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&gwd=Y&is_active=Y&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

5th in lowest fumble rate (fumbles per [pass attempt + rush attempt])

So I am not exactly sure what QBR measures since Dalton ranks high in passing, rushing tds, clutch fourth quarter performances, and ball security.

(01-10-2018, 04:55 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: His career Passer rating in the second half of games is 85

His career passer rating in the 4th quarter is 83

And his career passer rating in 3rd down is 83

All 3 marks well below avg

Hmm Popcorn

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM