Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does Tomlin still ride Cowher's coattails?
(01-11-2018, 11:16 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So, you prefer to evaluate a coach based on something that in most organizations is the responsibility of someone else?  Yes, I know that a coach is supposed to participate in the process, but most organizations hire someone whose main responsibility is acquiring talent.  The coach may advise the grocery shopping process, but his main responsibility is to be the chef once the ingredients are in place.  

As for how they've done without Ben, how many organizations do you know of that routinely carry two franchise quarterbacks on their roster?  You're holding up a ridiculous standard.  

Not really holding them to a standard, let alone a ridiculous one. Vick had some success in a couple places. Landry was a major college big program QB. There is/was a lot of talent there. Too much for them to look as bad as they did. 

When Dalton went down in '15, McCarron came in and was able to keep his play at a 90+ QB rating level. 

As i said in my last post, you asked about those that talked about if Tomlin was still riding Cowher's coat tails. As long as he still has Ben, he is in a way. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Tomlin still ride Cowher's coattails? - rfaulk34 - 01-11-2018, 11:42 PM