Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does Tomlin still ride Cowher's coattails?
(01-10-2018, 11:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Some time ago, the rap on Mike Tomlin was that he had only won because he was coaching the team Cowher built.  I never really thought that was a valid argument, since it takes a lot of ability to coach even a talented team to success.  

But nonetheless, when the Steelers drooped earlier this decade (a very similar swoon to what the Cowher-led Steelers suffered in the late 90s, by the way) many saw that as validation of this view.  In a recent search of the smack forum, I even saw evidence of this thinking as late as 2015.  

But given the success of the last few years and the crop of talent that has come on board on both sides of the ball during the Tomlin era, is it time to finally put this argument out of its misery?  Or are there still some of you out there who think that Tomlin doesn't deserve the credit he gets?

Terry Bradshaw seems to think so and I agree 100%.  With the talent they have had, they should be in the AFC Championship games MOST of the time!

Maybe they need to stop making videos and pissing and moaning about prima donna contracts two days before a playoff game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Tomlin still ride Cowher's coattails? - bengalguy71 - 01-14-2018, 11:29 PM