Poll: Predictions For The Jags Vs Steelers Game
Jags Win Big
Jags Win A Close One
Steelers Win A Close One
Steelers Win Big
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are The Steelers Setting Themselves Up For Failure?
(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The wisdom (or lack thereof) of his comments won't be evident until the games are played.  There is no clear pattern on this type of thing.  Sometimes the team with the bragging player wins and sometimes it loses.  And the reason for that unpredictability is that there are a thousand other factors in play.  Heck, what the teams have for breakfast tomorrow could potentially have a bigger impact than this.  

NO PATTERN of Mike Mitchell making stupid comments?!

From not too long ago, he claimed that rules making the game safer "ain't football," but him jumping over the line is football?  Seems like a pattern to me.

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Meh,it is what it is.  What happened the last time you got all excited about the prospect of Bell's potential departure affecting the Steelers' play, Brad?  I believe it was right before the first time they played the Bengals this year.  Do you remember the result?  And by the way, wasn’t Martavis Bryant’s trade demand thrown in the mix then too?  

You're in the group of beliefs that "it will all magically work out because we're the Steelers!"

You're like most Steelers fans, so I don't blame you for being delusional  ThumbsUp
(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He'll be fine.  If nothing else, his presence will open things up for Bryant and Smith-Schuster.  
Not if he's not on his game.

We'll see, though.

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It hasn't even been in the back of mine.  If it didn't affect the team much the first time you brought it up months ago, why would it now? He's done more than enough since then to prove that game was a fluke.  You're reaching even further than usual here.  
Are you a player now?  Does his play have an impact on you?  I'd have to go back and look, but I'm fairly certain I said that it will be in the back of the players' minds.

Delusional Steelers fans think that they're part of the team  ThumbsUp

That's not an attack on you because it's just how Steelers fans are.

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: None of this matters nearly as much as you think it does.  The team that prepares and executes better tomorrow will win. And the stuff you've listed here is WAAAAAAY down on the list of things that will affect that.  
You don't think any of that will affect how they prepare and what's in their heads?

Hilarious

Steelers fans make me feel so much better because they make it obvious that having a traumatic brain injury isn't so bad  ThumbsUp

(01-13-2018, 12:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: For what it's worth, put me down for 'Steelers win close'.

You could have just voted and put it down yourself, but ok.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Steelers Setting Themselves Up For Failure? - BFritz21 - 01-13-2018, 07:19 PM