Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak
(01-24-2018, 02:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't be happy about "no change" with o-line personnel, and it's a tad concerning that ol Hobspin is spinning these scrubs as being salvageable.

Of course, seeing how we don't use FA, it kinda narrows our options. If we use the draft primarily to address other spots (or draft another CB to sit for 3 years), Hobs has to have us prepared to accept round 4-5 with Bodine, Ogbuehi, Fisher, etc.

When it comes to Free Agent Tackles, Andre Smith gets mentioned as one of the better Tackle free agent options in 2018 with Nate Solder seeming to lead the pack. I highly doubt the Bengals would be the highest bidder on Nate Solder and it thins out rather quickly from there to Andre.

If the Bengals drafted more than 1 Offensive Lineman within the first 3 rounds it would be somewhat of a surprise to me.

Once and if they pass on a 1st round Tackle then we may be getting into developmental time for any Tackle taken say round 2 or after.

In short, the Bengals may end up being in the "salvaging" business again in 2018 with Pollack being expected to pull it off by Mike & Marvin.

For these reasons, I am leaning toward wanting the Bengals to take a Top Left Tackle in round 1, like maybe Mike McGlinchey.

I fear they may "salvage" the 1st and 2nd round Tackle picks they already have on the team once again.

I expect them to "salvage" at this point with all hopes pinned on Pollack to do it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - depthchart - 01-24-2018, 03:10 PM