Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak
(01-26-2018, 11:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe it was Paul Alexander forcing the play of Ogbuehi and Bodine. Those were his guys. He's repeatedly stood up on the table for them.
Where I think Mike Brown would impose his influence is playing a young, cheap guy over a costly vet. Since Ogbuehi is still on a rookie contract and Bodine is a FA and shouldn't command much money (hopefully) in FA, I would hope neither would be handed a starter role since they would still be considered "cheap".

Bodine not commanding much is not a good thing for us. It means Mikey will see him as a cheap starter. But he will over pay given that Bodine should not be starting anywhere in the league.

Mike Brown affects who starts by saying goodbye to better veteran players, thus forcing the coaches to go with weaker talent. It's not just the OL, it's many positions. Reggie Nelson signed with Oakland for less money that we paid unproven young safety Williams. Nelson is still the better player.

Look at the WRs where we have Aj Green followed by a bunch of cheap guys.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak - BengalChris - 01-26-2018, 01:11 PM