Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do you think Ross gets a 2nd life?
(02-03-2018, 08:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: On John Ross:
“The experiences he had here he has to own them. That’s what he is,” Lazor said via Bengals.com. “He gets to decide what he’s going to be … He probably brings more proven measuarbles to the table, but it will be up to what he does.”

What is Lazor saying here? 

I think Marvin has a problem with rookies who don't know what the hell they're doing.  That's why Ross didn't play, in my opinion.  Why would Lazor say that?  Why would he blatantly lie just to keep Ross down and prop up Marvin?  Why say anything at all?  It doesn't make any sense. 

I'm not saying he's a stupid person, I'm saying it sounds like he's stupid with knowing his responsibilities whether it be the playbook, work ethic, etc.  I'm not a Marvin Lewis fan by any stretch, but why did Marvin let AJ Green play and have 116 targets his rookie season if he had such a problem with rookies?  AJ was drafted 4th compared to Ross's 10th,  but there's hardly a difference there.   Blaming Marvin Lewis for the rookies' lack of success is silly.

Ross has a lot of work to do if he's ever going to be somebody on the Bengals I think.

Yeah, this is all perplexing to me as well. Hearing Ross speak and studying up on him before the draft i got no inkling
of any of this. He seemed like a very smart, classy young Receiver with amazing intangibles. Hopefully he studies up
big time this Offseason and becomes the player i thought he would be.

I do find it kind of silly comparing AJ's rookie season to Ross's though as AJ was here along with Lafell and Boyd.

When AJ got here we had nobody, hence why he had so many opportunities. He was the man from the get go.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think Ross gets a 2nd life? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-08-2018, 03:39 PM