Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(01-27-2018, 10:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I've never understood why fans bemoan the fact MB is cheap, then want to re-sign a guy or sign a FA at as little a price as possible just to keep him around. 

Making someone a backup on a lesser contract doesn't magically make them serviceable. 

Problem isn't with signing him on the cheap really IMO.  Problem is, I don't get the feeling that they'll sign him on the cheap.  They'll give him more than he's worth on the open market and cite locker room presence and continuity as they did with Rey M and MJ.  My guess is that he'd get a league average (at his position) or better deal to stay in Cincinnati. 

He wouldn't be given that deal to "compete for the starting spot".  He'd be handed the job for the next 4 or 5 seasons with little to no fear of losing it to anyone on the roster or anywhere else.  This is what I expect to happen.  

Only way they cut bait is if he gets into a Kyle Cook situation and is just too banged up to trot out onto the field any longer.  

Ride or die with the rust bucket because Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - samhain - 01-27-2018, 10:58 AM