Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(01-29-2018, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why so many people keep saying this.  Just three years ago the same people were complaining about using both a first and second round pick on O-line.

MB made Levi Jones and Willie Anderson the highest paid pair of starting tackles in the league.  He has also paid lots of other O-linemen well including Bobboe Williams, Whitworth, Andre Smith, Stacey Andrews, and Clint Boling.

In 2015 we used a first and second round pick on O-linemen

In 2014 we traded up in the third round to get an O-lineman.

In 2012 we used a first round pick on an O-lineman.

In 2009 we used a first round pick on an O-lineman.

I think everyone was actually fine with Andre in 2009, but he didn't turn out to be elite like everyone thought.
In 2012, the Bengals did the unexpected by taking a guard in the first round. People got mad that he didn't get a second contract even though he was good and the Bengals preach "Retain your own."
In 2014 it was a trade up in the fourth round, not third. And many have been irritated with the Bengals' unwillingness to invest a higher draft pick at C. So while Bodine I think was an adequate pick in the 4th round, many feel the Bengals need to get a C on Day 1 or 2 to have a top-15 C in the league.
In 2015, the Bengals simply made bad selections and/or had bad luck with the development of those players. But you're right that they did try to address the OL with high picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - ochocincos - 01-29-2018, 02:18 PM