Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-04-2018, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not in love with him either. I just know that our problems are more complex than a simple swap of QB's. There's the o-line issues you mention, the head coach is possibly the worst big-game coach in NFL history, and the owner is also probably the worst in history. Any new QB will be saddled with all those things, and he'll probably fail against the Steelers, in prime-time and in the playoffs, just as Palmer and Dalton did.

You're probably right. Think of all the defensive stars of the past. Icons like Reggie White, Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Mean Joe, etc etc. Those guys were all stars that people tuned in to see. Outside of JJ Watt, there really aren't many defensive superstars over the last decade or so. People don't tune in for defense. I'm sure some might disagree, but it seems that way to me.

Blame it on the pussification of actually being allowed to hit and tackle. The rules dictate huge advantage to offense including the hypocrysy of allowing offensive lineman to bust DL heads every play. I miss the days of defensive players having a bigger tackling target area, it is the pussification I referred to because they think they can stop major injuries when like boxing, you allow  2 guys to hit each other with full force injuries will and do happen anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - Luvnit2 - 02-04-2018, 10:17 PM