Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-04-2018, 10:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Blame it on the pussification of actually being allowed to hit and tackle. The rules dictate huge advantage to offense including the hypocrysy of allowing offensive lineman to bust DL heads every play. I miss the days of defensive players having a bigger tackling target area, it is the pussification I referred to because they think they can stop major injuries when like boxing, you allow  2 guys to hit each other with full force injuries will and do happen anyway.

Totally agree that these are the reasons why. Now I agree with the NFL trying to make the games safer, and big hits never mattered to me, personally. But...the rule changes that favor offense are the bigger culprit anyway, IMO. Plus, if you're going to look out for safety, at least make it fair. Defensive players aren't protected like offensive players are. Defense has just been getting the shaft for so long now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - Shake n Blake - 02-05-2018, 12:57 PM