Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-05-2018, 12:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are we sure....  Guys might look like an upgrade but not play like one...  Everyone was glad we replaced cook.  then we got bodine...  be careful what we wish for...

Not every prospect pans out close to their projections.

That's part of scouting and why teams pay people to scout.
You would think/hope the Bengals have quality scouts that know how to identify good players or at least players that can be coached up with the current staff.

Do you have confidence the Bengals have excellent scouting and coaches?
I don't.

And the reason why I said this is only true if all the quality centers are gone by pick #12 is because of the comment that the Bengals "can't" find a quality center.
Is there really a reason to believe that there is no center in this upcoming draft better than Russell Bodine?
I'm definitely no expert when it comes to scouting, but from my personal research, I believe the following centers would be better than Russell Bodine:
Billy Price
James Daniels
Frank Ragnow

I think the following COULD be better than Bodine, but not as confident:
Bradley Bozeman
Mason Cole

And I doubt even one of those guys is gone by 12, so there should be plenty of opportunity to draft one of them if the team was really committed to finding an improvement for the position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - ochocincos - 02-05-2018, 02:04 PM