Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-07-2018, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "When we get to the playoffs" being the point I was making.

If the coaches were as bad as so many of you claim we would never make the playoffs to begin with.  We would not win more games than all but 5 other teams over the last 8 years.  I am not saying our coaches are great, but they are not as clueless as many  of you claim.  Especially when you factor in the handicap of having Mike Brown as owner.

And its not like a lot of the Bengal players who stunk in the playoffs have gone to other teams and been playoff game stars.  Carson Palmers postseason passer rating for the Bengals was 66.5 compared to 67.1 with the Cardinals.

In most of the playoff games Marvin has coached the other team had more talent.  And against the chargers I can't blame Marvin For Gio fumbling at the goal line and Dalton fumbling for no apparent reason.

In the end the coaches have to get the players ready for these big games is the point i was making.

We have had far more talent to work with than most rosters and that is why we have won so many regular season games over
the last 8 years. We had AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, Carlos Dunlap, Reggie Nelson, Andrew Whitworth, Kevin Zeitler,
Leon Hall, George Iloka, Tyler Eifert etc.

With all these players we should of won atleast 1 playoff game in those chances. Especially the Chargers and Steelers games.

But we choked both away and that starts from coaching and demanding excellence from the players once we get in the Playoffs.

Hopefully with Pollack working with the O-line we can run the ball and take away the biggest problem with Marv's conservative
2nd half approach. If we can run the ball, it's all good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-08-2018, 02:55 PM