Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-09-2018, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I decided to look up the record against playoff teams in the regular season from 2011-2015.

2011:
0-7 - DEN (L), SF (L), BAL (L x2), PIT (L x2), HOU (L)

2012:
3-3 - BAL (L), WAS (W), PIT (L), DEN (L), PIT (W), BAL (W)

2013:
3-0 - GB (W), NE (W), IND (3)

2014:
2-4 - BAL (W x2), NE (L), IND (L), PIT (L x2)

2015:
3-3 - SEA (W), KC (W), PIT (W), HOU (L), ARI (L), PIT (L)
Total: 11-17 against playoff teams in regular season

So yes, technically Marvin has had "success" against playoff teams in the regular season, but overall it's a losing record, which I'm assuming is what you were getting at.

Obviously most teams (29 of 32) have a losing record against playoff teams.  The Bengals .337 winning percentage is also 12th in the league.

If you look at both total wins and winning percentage only 10 teams have both a higher winning percentage and more total wins.

And if you just go back to '12 the Bengals have the 5th most wins and the 6th best winning percentage.  Since '12 only 4 teams (NE, Pitt, Den, Sea) have both more wins and a better winning percentage.

This needs to improve.  All I am pointing out is that Marvin can and has beaten plenty of playoff teams during the regular season and coaches use the same skills in the playoffs that they do in the regular season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - fredtoast - 02-09-2018, 04:06 PM