Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-10-2018, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I don't.  All I do is call out people when they say something that is not true.

I don't understand how to have anu sort of serious adult conversation with you guys.  It is like if abny dares to say that the Bengals are not the worst team in the leagvue then that person is delusional.

Again.  Go back and look at the quote I was responding to.  All I did was statre a fact to ciorrect a lie.  I never said Marvin was great.  All I did was speak the truth.
We all know we aren't the worst.  But you have to admit that we are far beyond bragging about regular season wins or, at least, we were.

Marvin is a guy who found his level and anyone can see what that is.  The frustration is that his level is not high enough.  The evidence is in, Counselor.   And Marvin is guilty.   Guilty of being pretty good sometimes but not when it really counts.

Maybe purgatory suits you and gives you the ability to point out his successes any time someone points out his failures.  If you put his successes in one stack and his failures in another next to it, which would be the higher pile?  Marvin is a fifty-fifty kind of guy. 

He absolutely drug us out of the dark days.  But that was a long time and three reboots ago.  He's had multiple rosters, coaches have come and gone.  And look where we are, picking 12th in the draft all these years later.

It's not like we're expecting a dynasty.  But we're hoping for more than purgatory.  Not the worst, far away from the best. Who wouldn't want to get out of that? 

We were right on the edge of it in 2015.  And where do we go from there?  Backwards.  And that's not good enough for another mulligan.  And that's what has people pissed off.  You call that the victim card.  So be it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - McC - 02-10-2018, 07:09 PM