Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-10-2018, 11:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Back in 2013, the Bengals beat the Patriots due to there being a torrential downpour when the Patriots had the ball in the 4th quarter that stopped the second the Bengals got the ball. Mother Nature was on their side that day. Lol

They technically beat the 2015 Steelers (once)... and then lost twice to them, including in the playoffs. Same thing happened in 2005. Beat them once, lost to them twice, including in the playoffs.

That's it in Marvin's tenure.

I could be wrong, but I feel like they may have actually beaten them in the first year of the Brady/Bellichick dynasty.  

This game doesn't count, as Marvin was not yet the HC.  Also, Brady was still a 6th round nobody sitting on the bench behind the great Drew Bledsoe.  I think they may have beaten the world champion Ravens in that same year.  I may have my wires crossed, but I'll go back and check.  Ahhh the pinnacle of the Dick LeBeau era, lol.

EDIT: Holy shit, it's crazier than I thought. The Bengals beat both the reigning champions and the champions of that season in back to back games to open 2001. What's more, they also beat the Steelers! I think that that was the game in which Pittsburgh missed a FG or PAT to end the game. Final record was 6-10.

With those kinds of results, it's a miracle that Mike Brown ever fired LeBeau. In Bengal reality, those kinds of wins buy you some serious credit with the old brain trust. I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Fire Marvin, bring back LeBeau.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - samhain - 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM