Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(02-17-2018, 12:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  It's not like he was totally getting by on being favored by the family.  He got results.  Rarely did they spend a high pick on an offensive tackle that didn't meet or exceed expectations.  You could say Andre, but he wasn't a bad player by any stretch, he just lacked discipline and professionalism.  If I had to come up with something the organization was consistently good at before 15, I'd probably say finding really good OTs and developing them.

The 15 draft was a departure and an extremely costly one for PA and the team in general.  

My opinion....he started losing his credentials at the end of the Palmer era.  The Pro Bowl talent had left, and we had to implement unbalanced sets to even move the ball on the ground.....with a fullback.  Some of his pets were awful....Livings, Roland, to name a few.  The run game has never really recovered, aside from one anomaly in Jeremy Hill.  The only time we saw improvement was when Lazor went away from PAs scheme and then PAs selected players were forced to the bench with injury.  He should have been fired at least 8 years ago.

I'm not going to rehash the numbers, but the run game has been in the low to mid 20s in YPC for over a decade.  We find out this season that PA was also the run game coordinator.  His time had passed here.  I'll agree, at one time, he was a good coach here.  That was about 10 years ago.  Another in a line of coaches that stayed well beyond their shelf life.  The line from 2011 on, has really been overrated too.  Center was still a weak link.  It was compensated by overall good play on either side.....but Dalton was still helping the sack numbers somewhat by getting the ball out very quickly.  The run game still sucked.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-20-2018, 10:01 AM