Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need a Strong Draft........
(02-19-2018, 08:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah these guys are overpaid and Adam is over the hill and MJ only plays DT good anymore.

Let these guys go, re-sign Geno and Dunlap, sign Nate Solder, bring back Andre and the draft is freed up IMHO.

I don't think we are far off as you say Sunset, but it is unlikey we make all these moves i agree.

Even if those things were to happen, draft still isn't as "freed up" as we might like it to be.  Andre Smith isn't young, and he's rarely held up for an entire season. =  Still need to draft OT, early.  We still are faced with needs at C and RG, now Westerman and Redmond might be the guys for the job, I don't know, just hoping.  If they do pan out, there goes our bench.  Still have to draft to replace those guys on the bench.  However, I'm not big on TJ Johnson.  In his limited action, I see him topping out at the bottom of "average", if thrust into a starting role.

Team still needs to draft a serious LB, in a big way.  Could use a Safety, but after the top 2 or 3 in the draft, it's all developmental guys.  
Draft being "freed up" would mean being able to take the very best player available, which we cannot.  I'd love for them to be able to take a Vita Vea, or a WR, or even a TE, but the team is handcuffed by way too many needs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We need a Strong Draft........ - corpjet - 02-19-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - SunsetBengal - 02-19-2018, 08:49 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - 3wt - 02-20-2018, 05:22 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - J24 - 02-21-2018, 04:51 PM