Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need a Strong Draft........
(02-19-2018, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even if those things were to happen, draft still isn't as "freed up" as we might like it to be.  Andre Smith isn't young, and he's rarely held up for an entire season. =  Still need to draft OT, early.  We still are faced with needs at C and RG, now Westerman and Redmond might be the guys for the job, I don't know, just hoping.  If they do pan out, there goes our bench.  Still have to draft to replace those guys on the bench.  However, I'm not big on TJ Johnson.  In his limited action, I see him topping out at the bottom of "average", if thrust into a starting role.

Team still needs to draft a serious LB, in a big way.  Could use a Safety, but after the top 2 or 3 in the draft, it's all developmental guys.  
Draft being "freed up" would mean being able to take the very best player available, which we cannot.  I'd love for them to be able to take a Vita Vea, or a WR, or even a TE, but the team is handcuffed by way too many needs.

Well i mean the first pick is freed up somewhat if we sign Solder and bring back Andre.

We can draft whoever at 12 and draft our Center in the 2nd. One of Ragnow, Price or Daniels should be there.

Roquan Smith or Edmunds at 12, Ragnow in the 2nd.

Shaw being moved to Safety could solve that problem. I like Vea but i think Billings will be back to who i thought he would be this year.

Took Geno another year after his ACL tear to get back to himself. Glasgow looked alright in limited action.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We need a Strong Draft........ - corpjet - 02-19-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-19-2018, 08:56 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - 3wt - 02-20-2018, 05:22 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - J24 - 02-21-2018, 04:51 PM