Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need a Strong Draft........
(02-19-2018, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I don't think all that we need can be had in one draft.  I mean, even if they "kill it", there are still going to be holes to fill.  A great draft might yield what, two maybe three day one starters?  Add in a couple more "solid" contributors, and a few developmental guys.  And, that is if they really nail it.

What really needs to be done is some serious roster management.  Getting rid of a few "dead weight" contracts, signing quality FAs to satisfy a couple of immediate needs, AND the motherlode of a draft.

Couldn't agree more Sunset !

I know this has been said numerous times over the past several seasons and with much merit. But I think it's never been more true than now !!!

If this core group of players is going to have any chance as Bengals we need at a minimum a medium roster overhaul. We're not 1, 2 or even 3 players away IMHO. We're more like 4, 5, maybe even 6 away ? You can't any way in hell fix that in 1 draft, most likely not even two. Your'e damn lucky to get two quality starters out of one draft, three is a grand slam once in a decade or more kinda thing.

IMHO for this core group to have any kind of real chance (before it's to late) we have to get two top shelf free agents !!! A LT and a C, A #2 WR and a center, A LBer and a LT, whatever. I don't mean late week 2 of FA dumpster diving. I mean real quality in their prime FA's.

And like you say cut the dead weight, MJ, Adam Jones, Bodine etc. If they don't make some fairly big changes we're just around the corner from a major rebuild. Time is of the essence 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We need a Strong Draft........ - corpjet - 02-19-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - 3wt - 02-20-2018, 05:22 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - bengalfan74 - 02-19-2018, 10:06 PM
RE: We need a Strong Draft........ - J24 - 02-21-2018, 04:51 PM