Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast?
(02-21-2018, 08:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know about the worst. For one, there's always the Browns. What did the Giants have after losing Beckham. What did Cam Newton have after trading Benjamin and losing Olsen - sure at least an O-Line, but still. And I don't even know for sure what the 49ers actually had. There are other bad supporting casts out there.

Newton had McCaffrey, Funchess emerged, Curtis Samuel came on....those guys made Benjamin expendable.  Johnathan Stewart is still Johnathan Stewart.

If we could run block.....our backs would have been a factor.  We also started off handcuffed by Zampese.....and went all season with Piano Man.  Then you have Mediocre Merv vs Ron Rivera.

I'd say NYG was the most decimated in the league.  They would be the worst.  The Brownies have Josh Gordon...and some decent pieces, need a QB badly. SF has Carlos Hyde, that's about it, but Jimmy G made a pretty big impact.....jury out.

All in all, we have some pretty good weapons, but as McC noted.....when you constantly lose the battle up front, all the nukes in the world won't make much difference.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast? - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-22-2018, 10:41 AM