Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast?
(02-22-2018, 11:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don’t completely disagree with you. I think the line was, in a general sense, below avg. to bad. I also think that Andy Dalton was, in a general sense, below average to bad. The line had a few good to ok games and so did Andy Dalton - both had horrible, awful games or moments as well. Those two things didn’t necessarily go hand in hand, either. Sometimes when the line was fine, Dalton struggled. Even the line was bad, sometimes Dalton was fine. The footsteps thing I don’t have any sympathy for. He’s the highest paid guy playing the most important position. It’s fair to expect excellence and for him to have nerves of steel. As the saying goes.... No pressure, no diamonds.

Andy was a fearless runner in college.  He took the shots, he made the plays.  Hell, he took TCU to an unexpected Rose Bowl win over a very physical Wisconsin team.  I don't think that Andy's nerve is at question.  When provided even a little bit of time, he can demonstrate excellence.  When you compare what he makes, to the average of QBs with similar experience, he's quite justified in erring on the side of protecting his health.

Edit: Not trying to make this an Andy thread..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast? - SunsetBengal - 02-23-2018, 12:05 AM