Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast?
(03-02-2018, 03:09 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, man, YES!!!! That's what I'm saying. Broken plays happen, right? I mean, no matter how good a line is, they happen. Like, if the coaches aren't putting in a plan for busted plays (especially when they knew the line was struggling), why isn't Andy leading that conversation/initiative???? How hard is it for him to go to the skill guys and be like, "This is what we're doing on scrambles."? Like, is that a season 8 thing? Holy shit!

Yeah man.....I'm not sure who the onus is totally on there, but if the coaching staff can't get that shit together, then Andy ABSOLUTELY needs to get something going with it.  I mean it's the scramble drill FFS!

To me, Dalton was the best under good coordinators.  The whole Zampese era just looked like the Keystone Cops out there to me.  There didn't seem to be any direction.  I'm hoping Lazor can clean that up after a whole offseason with his schemes and playcalling.  I'm hoping that the new OL coach can get that mess ironed out.  I'm hoping Van Pelt can get Andy's head back where it needs to be.  I'm hoping he goes back to work some with House.  Hell, I'm hoping a lot....it's the Bengals we're talking about after all....lol.

One thing that irked me about this team under Marv....why do they almost always wilt under the bright lights?  The Hill fumble, the Pacman/Burfict fiasco, the missed opportunities from our QBs, bad defense, bad offense, bad special teams at times, I mean, we've ran the gamut.  The only people who have shown up in the post season has been Cedric Benson and the defense after the hit to Gio in the 2015 playoff game (they weren't very good up to the point, I guess that finally lit a fire).  Even the coaches have choked....using AJ Green as a decoy?  WTF?  Abandoning BJGE against SD in 2013 when we were still within striking distance in the 3rd qtr?  Again, WTF?  Just so much fail.....and it's usually a combination of things.  It's just crazy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Andy have the worst offensive supporting cast? - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-02-2018, 03:23 PM