Poll: Which team would you rather root for?
Team A
Team B
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which team has been more successful?
(03-09-2018, 01:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are we really "consistently winning a lot more games" than most teams? Outside of that 5 year stretch, how consistent has Marvin been?

8-8
8-8
11-5
8-8
7-9
4-11-1
10-6
4-12
6-9-1
7-9

That's our records outside of the 5 year stretch. More proof that the 5 year run was a fluke and not sustainable. Fans have good reason to not like Mike Brown. He's a giant anchor on this team. Even you and bfine have admitted as much. The man is a positivity-sucking black hole. Let Jags fans get familiar with that man + his history and let them know there's zero hope he'd ever sell. Then see how many would want to trade places. 

I have a feeling you'd be surprised. Outside of the Browns, if I were a fan of any other team, I'd feel more hopeful about seeing a championship in my lifetime. Even when we have the talent to make a deep run, we have a coach whose choking has reached legendary status, and Mike Brown won't spend to help Marv get over the top. It feels like a hopeless situation. 

Marvin teams outside of "the run" have been pretty consistent around the 7-to-8 win range. 50% of those seasons outside "the run" have been in that range.
In fact, the total win average across those 10 years is 7.4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which team has been more successful? - ochocincos - 03-09-2018, 01:32 PM