Poll: Which team would you rather root for?
Team A
Team B
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which team has been more successful?
(03-12-2018, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what exactly are you trying to say?  It seems like you are claiming that Marvin is not handicapped by the way we handle free agency, then you start talking about blaming Marvin for the way we handle free agency.

Why would there be an issue of blame if there was no handicap from the way we handle free agency?

And do you have no knowledge of how we handled free agency before Marvin arrived?

What I was trying to say was while I don't agree with the way the Bengals approach FA, Marvin might be part of the reason it's handicapped.
I can't imagine he'd still be here after 15 years if he wasn't on board with how things are approached by the FO.
Maybe you didn't intend for it to be perceived like this, but you seem to be of the mindset that Marvin isn't responsible for how this team approaches FA or the draft at all.
I'm saying we can't know for sure whether he's completely hand tied by Mike Brown until we see him with another organization.
And if he was completely hand tied by Mike Brown and vehemently wants (or wanted) to change things, why stay with the organization for so long? Would you stay with a company for 15 years if you were completely against how they operated? I wouldn't.

And no, I don't actually have knowledge of how the Bengals handled FA before Marvin arrived. I wasn't too into football until Marvin came. I was a junior in high school when he came in. Hockey was the sport I played growing up. Prior to 2005, I just occasionally watched games with my dad.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which team has been more successful? - ochocincos - 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM