Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-10-2018, 12:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody said Taylor is an all-pro. I said he's a competent game manager who can win with a run game behind him. 

Btw, the guy is 3-2 against the Bengals. 

He's nothing like Flacco.

Flacco: Pocket passer who throws the ball 600+ times every year. 40 INT's over last 3 years. Not a running threat.
Taylor: Game manager who throws around 400 times per year. Only 16 INT's over last 3 years. Big time running threat.

As for the check down stuff...

Percentage of passes thrown that traveled 10 yards or less:

Aaron Rodgers- 73.1%
Alex Smith- 72.3%
Drew Brees- 71.4%
Joe Flacco- 69.2%
Tyrod Taylor- 66.4%
Kirk Cousins- 64.3%
Matt Stafford- 64.2%

Maybe Taylor wasn't checking down as much as you thought?

Browns went 0-16. Got it.

So...he proved he can win with a running game. What would Barkley provide? Taylor is not "hot garbage"...that would be the guy they tried to replace him with. Hyperbole city, McC. You're better than that.

I remember when the Bengals were constantly trying to move on from Jeff Blake even though he wasn't the problem. 
You did see how, in a playoff game there for the taking, he stunk to high heaven, right?  I have no fear of Tyrod fricking Taylor.  If I'm the Browns, I draft a QB and hand him the keys.  Can't see any conceivable reason why an 0-16 team would even bother with a place holder QB.  And that's what Taylor is, a guy to play the spot until a real QB comes along.

And as to being 3-2 against us, I say their defense is 3-2 against us and he was along for the ride. He's a bum.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with? - McC - 03-10-2018, 01:03 PM