Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-12-2018, 01:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I love (hate?) how the Browns have been doing things. It's definitely outside the box for an NFL team. I've never seen an NFL team so obviously tank before. Maybe the Colts in the suck for Luck year, but not over multiple seasons, trading for picks and loading up on top ones.

I've never been one of those "this is the year things turn around" guys when talking about the Browns, but this time is different. The Browns look like they've had a master plan for 3 years and now it's all kicking into gear. QB went from being a major problem, to being pretty much solved a year later (assuming Taylor is a stopgap for a Josh Allen). Mediocre run game? Enter Barkley (most likely). Corey Coleman was a bust? No problem, lets trade for a 3 time Pro Bowl WR.

That team is going to be unrecognizable this year. Haley and Hue with all those weapons and a competent QB? 

Exactly. Offense scores 42 against (easily) the best pass defense in the NFL while the defense allows 45? They fire the OC. Smh. Their loss.

...with a 2-3 record on a far superior team. All Taylor did was lead the Bills to their first playoff spot in like 17 years.

51 TDs to 16 INTs for his career. Not saying he's great, but he's the best QB they've had since Kosar. Someone mentioned Jeff Garcia, but I guess they forgot Garcia was bad with the Browns.

Yeah, I don't think this will be "their year" by any stretch of the imagination......but this is the first time I've seen some actual competent moves to get better in long time.  Time will tell, but if they hit on their QB in the draft, things could be looking up far quicker than I ever would have imagined.  I think the Dorsey hire was key for them.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with? - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-12-2018, 02:02 PM