Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-12-2018, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes sir.  They did this rebuild right.  They torched the whole thing.....burnt it to the ground.  They came into this offseason with like 118 mil in cap space, a gluttony of draft picks to wheel and deal with, and a PROVEN GM that is a winner in this league.  I don't get why folks are laughing right now.  

We can't see the future, but these are aggressive, yet not over the top moves.  IF they can hit on some draft picks (helps when you don't draft INJURED PLAYERS in the first round), they have made the necessary supplemental moves in FA that a team should make.

Anyone supporting a team ran by the most incompetent boob of a GM in NFL history probably shouldn't laugh too hard.....

This is spot on. Maybe the Browns continue to flounder, but they played their cards perfectly and have themselves set up to turn things around. They're going for it and pushing their chips out on the table. They feel they are close and can be competitive and they're making their move.

Mike Brown doesn't like rebuilds, we do re-tools. Which, like the Reds, is the half ass way to do things. Move some pieces, but keep a couple of names to hopefully keep people showing up. Our "re-tool" will probably take several seasons with the way Mike Brown does things. Rely almost exclusively on the draft, keep too much for injuries, rollover millions each season, sign scrubs from outside, and extend a couple of your own and call it day. The Mike Brown way is why we may be stuck in the middle or bottom half for a few more seasons. No urgency, no immediate impact, always looking to the future.

I'm not saying the Browns are going to be in the playoffs, but I don't expect to sweep them again this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with? - muskiesfan - 03-12-2018, 02:15 PM