Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with?
(03-12-2018, 10:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, the Browns completely sold out the past 2 seasons in order to get more picks and higher picks.  It's amusing how every football fan laughs at how awful the Browns have been for the past 2 years (and rightly so), but every time their own NFL team dips 2 games below .500 they start wanting to tank in order to get a better pick (herein lies the hypocrisy).

Fans really seem to hate those seasons where you win 5-8 games and accomplish "nothing but ruining your draft pick" and I know we were debating for the past year on whether Bullock missing that kick and losing the Texans game was a good thing or not.  Well, the Browns went all-in on stinking, isn't that what any non-playoff team's fans want them to do?  

All the Browns do is throw the young guys and new QBs out there to see what they have in them and tank in order to get better draft picks while evaluating the young guys instead of playing the vets.  My lord,  you'd think they'd be the most popular team in the NFL the way fans kvetch about 7-win seasons and seeing ho-hum vets on the field!  The only thing left is for the to run the ball 60 times per game and they'd hit every fan demand there is.
I'll cop to almost hoping we tanked for picks..keyword :Almost , not quite.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Browns now a threat for us to contend with? - grampahol - 03-15-2018, 01:36 AM