Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone do the DNA ancestry thing?
(03-12-2018, 07:08 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: We did 23andMe, which I recommend. If you have their analysis done, there is another site where they can do an analysis of genetic disposition to certain medical conditions. I found that I have issues with Vitamin B & D absorption, which can be remedied easily enough with diet changes.

My personal ancestry was pretty close to what I was told, but the origination was a surprise: the Lapp people in northern Scandinavia, arriving here via England, Scotland and France.

That’s like north of the Vikings isn’t it? They made a decent bow (Sami)if memory serves me and historical fiction hasn’t lied to me.

I’m supposed to be about 1/4 Irish and 3/4 German with maybe some French. My maternal grandfathers people come from that little area that’s been tossed back and forth between Germany and France about 100 times. Can’t remember the name.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone do the DNA ancestry thing? - michaelsean - 03-12-2018, 08:04 PM