Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take?
(03-13-2018, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is a lot of logic here, but I think they like what they have in Willis and Lawson.  They will surely get another DE in this draft, but I doubt at #21.

Here's my take:

I really doubt McGlinchey falls as far as #21, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Bengals are wanting to address the RT position as well.  Although his crazy long arms struggled in the bench press, the tape on Orlando Brown says he is an immediate starter at RT and is a mauler in the running game.  

They like the young guards they have in Westerman and Redmond, and I think Center could be addressed either in FA or fairly early in the draft (they have two third rounders).  

I know everyone is going to say that Brown is not athletic enough because of the combine, but the man could be an elite RT.  I think it will all come down to the interview they had with him.  If they feel like he loves football, I think he could be a Bengal....and he might even allow for an additional second round pick if they slide AGAIN in Rd 1.

The other scenario I see is, as you mentioned, a LB they covet sliding in Rd 1, but it seems to be a very top-heavy class. 

No more sexy pieces like WR or TE.  It is time to build this team in the trenches and let guys like Mixon and Gio be the workhorses....in both the rushing attack and in the air. 

I think Orlando brown is the most likely pick if they don't bring back Smith which I think they'll want to save the money. Orlando brokwn knows Marvin well and he is a younger healthier Andre Smith that possibly can play both tackles . So he is my #1 guy I think they will take and I wouldn't be mad at all. But I do like other prospects .
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - bengalsturntup926 - 03-13-2018, 08:56 AM