Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Barkley, Dalton’s New Backup
(03-19-2018, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Talking about him strictly as a player is fine. Anything about the anthem will eventually lead this thread to PnR.

As a player, I read that Kaep's 90.7 rating was a bit deceptive. His former QB coach (Steve Logan) said as much:

https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Bolt/Ex-49ers-Coach-Kaepernicks-unemployment-is-football-related-106773248

From the same interview:

"[Kaepernick's unemployment] has everything to do with his ability to play in the pocket," said Logan. "Wherever he goes there will have to be a massive re-design of the entire offense to suit his skill-set, which is unique. But I’m just telling you why he’s not on a roster. It has everything to do with his ability to play in the pocket. And be really good in the pocket. Because the game has taken away his calling card, which is the zone-read."

"Defensive coordinators in the NFL will not let you beat them with that football play. You can irritate them with that football play but you cannot beat them with that football play anymore.”

Yeah, right.  It would be impossible for any team to win a big game using a lot of "run/pass option" scheme. 

Ninja

Especially not a Super Bowl.

Ninja

I realize that there is a difference between a "zone read" and a "run/pass option" but the "run/pass option" does not require the QB to stand in the pocket and go through a complex progression of multiple routes all over the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Matt Barkley, Dalton’s New Backup - fredtoast - 03-19-2018, 03:26 PM