Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good was Bengals '17 draft.
(03-25-2018, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most people claim our '17 draft was a disappointment because our #1 pick did nothing.  But overll we had 6 draft picks who played over 25% of the team snaps (not counting special teams) Lawson 42%, Mixon 40%, Glasglow 36%, Willis 31%,  Evans 27%, and Malone 26%.  That is very rare for us.  In fact it is the same number from our last 4 drafts combined ('16 Boyd 68%, '15 Kroft 33%, '14 Hill 47% and Bodine 100%, '13 Bernard 54% and Eifert 59%).

I think most fans see Lawson and Mixon as being top level starters. 

I think Josh Malone will be a solid starting NFL WR but that is just specualtion at this point. 

I don't know if Glasgow, Willis, or Evans will ever be top players but I think they will contribute a lot in rotation.  These type of players are important because it takes a deep roster to win consitently.

If Ross develops into a starter then '17 will be considered one of our better drafts in a long time. (Especially if you count the starting PK for the Eagles)

I even still have hopes for Brandon Wilson.  He might be able to stick on the roster because of his return skills

Yeah, it was a good one. Still have really high hopes for the ones that didn't contribute as well.

Hope this Draft is as good. Ross and Wilson namely. Think Ross will shut up people this season and Wilson will surprise and be a stud ST'er.

If not as a Returner, as a Gunner.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - McC - 03-25-2018, 02:17 PM
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-25-2018, 05:41 PM