Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good was Bengals '17 draft.
(03-25-2018, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hear a lot of people say stuff like "The Bengals used to draft well, but not any more" or "The Bengals had a couple of good drafts a few years ago, but that was just a fluke" or "It's been a while since we had a good draft".

Maybe they are not specifically complaining about 2017, but they are lumping it in with the weaker drafts we have had in the last few years.

That's quite a stretch. People saying we don't draft well anymore ALSO might not be judging the most recent draft either way. Too soon and all that jazz. That's pretty much how I feel. We had a string of pretty weak drafts, the most recent one looks promising, but too soon to fully judge either way.

So...I might be inclined to say "it's been awhile since we had a great draft", and I'm not going to feel inclined to add "but it's too soon to judge the 2017 class" disclaimer to every post where I make such a claim, just so Fred won't accuse me of hating the 2017 draft. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - McC - 03-25-2018, 02:17 PM
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - Shake n Blake - 03-27-2018, 12:26 PM