Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-07-2018, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When I look at the depth at the receiver position (as well as TEs and RBs that are good receivers), I think to myself:  All we have to do is keep Dalton clean....and get the running game on track.

Malone looked pretty good and caught (from what I could remember) his only real downfield target (a floater that Dalton barely got rid of) for a 25 yard TD.  He averaged 19.4 yards per reception his senior year at Tennessee.  I would love to see more opportunities for him down the field.

I really hope you are wrong about Dre.  I was very frustrated with him early on, but then he would show flashes where he defended a top flight WR extremely well.  Streaky is how I would define him.  Streaky and, perhaps more disturbing, unfocused.  He seems to go through lapses of concentration on the field.  If he can improve his consistency, he could actually be the dark horse.  If he doesn't, he might find himself replaced by Dennard. 

I could see the team taking a CB in mid rounds, for developmental purposes.  Your description of his play as "streaky", is quite accurate in my opinion.  However, at a "premium" position like CB, a true professional needs to be consistent and focused in his craft.  At this point, it's tough to see the Bengals ever entertaining the idea of signing him to a 3rd contract.  FWIW, I believe that the dead money on his deal goes down significantly, after this season.

Much like yourself, I certainly hope that he get's it together, and leads the league in PDF and INTs.  But, I'm not holding my breath.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - SunsetBengal - 04-07-2018, 10:23 AM