Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-07-2018, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting pick.

Nohting spectacular last year, but he got a lot of experience for a 6th round rookie.  Played over 30% of the teams snaps on defense (311) and another 246 on special teams.

Neither he nor Vigil impressed me much last year, but I'd think Evans is more likely to improve sigificantly because Vigil was already in his second year. 

Maybe not spectacular, but look how Willis compares to all the DEs taken in Rd 1 of last year's draft.  One is significantly ahead of him, three are very close to him, and two are well below him.  That puts him smack dab in the middle of all rookie DEs that were selected in the first round.  

I still feel like almost all rookie players in the trenches struggle to some extent their first NFL season, not only due to the adjustment to talent around them, but the fact that their Senior year never really ends.  They go from bowl games, right to specialty training facilities, to the combine, to OTAs, to mini-camps, and to training camps.  

I have very high hopes for Jordan Willis in year two.  When you see him do certain things, like when he blocked that punt, it shows that he has a rare skill set of strength, speed, and agility.  

Jordan Willis
2017 PFF Grades
Overall

Myles Garrett

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]88.4
[/i]

Solomon Thomas

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]53.2
[/i]

Taco Charlton

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]52.5
[/i]

Jonathon Allen

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]81.3
[/i]

Tak McKinley

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]77.8
[/i]

Derek Barnett

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]74.7
[/i]

#60 ED

#47 ED

#0 DI

#94 ED

#92 ED

#12 ED

#56 ED
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - SHRacerX - 04-08-2018, 09:04 AM