Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-07-2018, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Darkhorse - Billings, he will be 100% and having a full Offseason to prepare will be huge. He will finally be that DT next to
Geno that will either free him up or be freed up by Geno if they double him. Cannot double both. Billings will be able to lift
this year like he did when he was a rookie so he can get back to that super strength.

Another player that nobody is talking about is Brandon Wilson who could come from nowhere and be key on ST's.

Dud - Vigil, think a rookie or Evans will end up taking his spot. Also could go with Kirkpatrick here as i think better Corners
will end up taking his snaps eventually as the season goes on.

That is a great point on Billings, and I think he is just 22 years old right now.  Huge difference from the 20 year old we drafted, and could still turn it on even more as he develops.  I see flashes, but he seems to wear down, so maybe conditioning and his injury was a part of that?  Either way, if Billings shows what we all seem to think he can be this year, with Baker and some young pass rushers, the defense could soar.

I don't know about Vigil.  If I were to start a thread on "team enigma:  who makes no sense", my vote would be Vigil.  I saw him cover TEs beautifully from time to time.  I saw him fly in to make a tackle on a play (for a loss) and he seemed to diagnose the play very quickly.  Then other times, I see him whiff so badly in the open field on a tackle that he wouldn't have even got the guy down in two hand touch.  

Consistency, or lack thereof, is his biggest weakness.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - SHRacerX - 04-08-2018, 09:10 AM