Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-08-2018, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe not spectacular, but look how Willis compares to all the DEs taken in Rd 1 of last year's draft.  One is significantly ahead of him, three are very close to him, and two are well below him.  That puts him smack dab in the middle of all rookie DEs that were selected in the first round.  

I still feel like almost all rookie players in the trenches struggle to some extent their first NFL season, not only due to the adjustment to talent around them, but the fact that their Senior year never really ends.  They go from bowl games, right to specialty training facilities, to the combine, to OTAs, to mini-camps, and to training camps.  

I have very high hopes for Jordan Willis in year two.  When you see him do certain things, like when he blocked that punt, it shows that he has a rare skill set of strength, speed, and agility.  

Jordan Willis

2017 PFF Grades
Overall

Myles Garrett

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]88.4
[/i]

Solomon Thomas

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]53.2
[/i]

Taco Charlton

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]52.5
[/i]

Jonathon Allen

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]81.3
[/i]

Tak McKinley

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]77.8
[/i]

Derek Barnett

2017 PFF Grades
Overall
[i]74.7
[/i]

#60 ED

#47 ED

#0 DI

#94 ED

#92 ED

#12 ED

#56 ED

Great info! +Rep for putting the work in.

I almost put Jordan Willis as my Dark Horse. Great pick! Really pleased with him last season. He quietly started to blossom and, I would think that with the type of worker he is, will become better with reps and playing time for sure.

I think he has a higher "all around" or every down ceiling than Lawson. I love Lawson as well. I just see him as an explosive splash play quy with how the Bengals use him where as with Willis I think his play can stand the test of time as an every down guy. He's an outstanding player and, I think, a steal in last year's draft!

Willis would be my 1B with Westerman with Glasgow my 1C. Watching him play, I liked Glasgow a lot, even though some were less than thrilled with him. He seemed to disrupt the pocket a lot, even though that's not a measurable statistic. It wears the opposing team down and makes the QB move around. I liked what he did in limited action.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - PDub80 - 04-08-2018, 09:17 AM