Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-08-2018, 09:36 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't know if you caught the thread or not back right after the season, but in an interview/podcast Dave Lapham said that Bill Lazor took the run blocking scheme duties away from Alexander starting in week 11. Lazor totally changed the scheme and run fits from a Mid-Zone to an Inside-Zone, which was a major change in philosophy and blocking scheme. Lapham explained it as a really needed change and in great detail.

Mixon's avg per carry....

WEEK
11: 4.96
12: 4.86
13: DnP Concussion
14: DnP Concussion
15: 4.00
16: 5.33

Mixon should benefit wildly from this O-Line overhaul. Perhaps more than anyone.

Agreed 100%, except Dalton will benefit even more.  That overhaul is the one big reason I have hope (Lucy warming up to pull the ball away) for this year.  Lazor came in and made in-season changes to personnel and scheme.  I can't imagine how difficult that was to accomplish.  He didn't care about stepping on toes.  He even made a statement to the effect that coaches need to be able to disagree without taking it personally.  He saw what needed to be done to win (or at the very least, improve...what a concept) with the talent he already had on his roster. 

Lazor, with an entire off-season, gives me hope.  Maybe he should have been my dark horse. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - SHRacerX - 04-08-2018, 09:45 AM