Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-08-2018, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is a great point on Billings, and I think he is just 22 years old right now.  Huge difference from the 20 year old we drafted, and could still turn it on even more as he develops.  I see flashes, but he seems to wear down, so maybe conditioning and his injury was a part of that?  Either way, if Billings shows what we all seem to think he can be this year, with Baker and some young pass rushers, the defense could soar.

I don't know about Vigil.  If I were to start a thread on "team enigma:  who makes no sense", my vote would be Vigil.  I saw him cover TEs beautifully from time to time.  I saw him fly in to make a tackle on a play (for a loss) and he seemed to diagnose the play very quickly.  Then other times, I see him whiff so badly in the open field on a tackle that he wouldn't have even got the guy down in two hand touch.  

Consistency, or lack thereof, is his biggest weakness.  

For sure conditioning was an issue with Billings. This year he can really work unlike last year and i did see a few flashes
from him like i saw all the time at Baylor. He was just getting washed out of plays by the Guards and Centers too much.

Needs to pump the weights, get conditioned and not let O-lineman wash him out of the play then he will become that
great DT next to Geno that i always thought he would be. Great run stopper with deceivingly good pass rush with
abnormal strength. You have to double him and even when teams do he can win, he is that strong when healthy and
like you said is very young still.

(04-08-2018, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are on a roll, my friend.  

Wilson got a shot late last year and was an impact guy on special teams.  I loved to watch that Houston team when he was there.  That defense had speed to burn and made plays all over the field.  My guy Fej proved to be a capable fill-in as a seventh rounder with minimal experience at coverage safety.  I think Brandon Wilson deserves a shot as the deep safety.  If nothing else, I hope he gets the shot in the preseason and shows that he should at least warrant consideration.  Our safeties never seem to stay healthy. 

And you are dead on with respect to Mixon.  I didn't want to draft him (more for PR than anything) but the kid kept his nose clean and showed flashes of being the guy we saw at Oklahoma.  I think, as you stated, that once he has the new offense installed and better offensive line play, the guy will soar.  I am not a fantasy guy, but I would want Mixon on my fantasy team this year.

Thank you sir. Cool  Agreed about Wilson, he played very good in limited snaps on ST's last year after having that undisclosed
injury. He was a great returner at Houston and a great gunner that knew how to rip the ball out. I truly believe him and your
guy Fej will be our future ST studs.

Mixon is definately the dude to watch this year. The sky is the limit with an improved O-line under Pollack.

(04-08-2018, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You had me high as a kite with your selection (no one else picked him of either side yet!) of Dalton for Dark Horse, but then I was struck by lightening on your pick of WJIII.  

That guy, in his first year on the field, was phenomenal.  You have every right (and history, as you mentioned) to select him, but I think this guy is a legit star and will be in the Pro Bowl this year.  (of course, he won't be able to attend  Cool).

I was thinking about listing both Dalton and WJ3 as darkhorses but i think they are kind of obvious.

Dalton the last time he had even a decent O-line was an MVP candidate, then got hurt. Should have a better O-line than that
one this year once the O-line gels. WJ3 could be the future shutdown Corner of the NFL, he is that talented.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-09-2018, 01:21 PM