Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals likely to pick up Ced's option
(04-20-2018, 07:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can you really rescind the option later? I didn't know that. I thought once it was picked up, it becomes part of the contract. Permanent.

I'm open to the thought that *maybe* Og could turn it around under a different coach, but I doubt it. He's pretty much the opposite of the tough maulers that Pollack supposedly likes. He's got a long way to go before I'm even semi-ok with spending $10 million on him. That's big boy money.

A post on the previous page had a pretty good explanation of the 5th year option rules and guarantees.  The way I read it, they have to let the player know before May 3 of his 4th season if they are going to exercise the option. If that player is on the opening day roster of the option year, either active or inactive, the money is guaranteed.  So, by following that language, if they were to cut the player before the opening day roster of his 5th season, deal is off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals likely to pick up Ced's option - SunsetBengal - 04-20-2018, 07:26 PM