Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Bengal draft day memory
(04-26-2018, 07:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the '68 draft stands out the most to me.

I remember watching it on my 4K widescreen and scream at the TV "Take Czonka, Take Czonka" then when Pete Rozelle announced we took some Center out of Tennessee I threw my remote at the TV.

But I said Ok, OK at least we can get our Franchise QB in the 2nd and if anyone had been following the board back then they would have know how much of a Ken Stabler fan I was. Instead Mikey makes the dumb decision to take Staley? DE out of Utah State.

Of course I am beyond livid at this point, but I think OK we can wait on QB because there's a really good OT named Shell I've had my eye on that I hope the Bengals pull the trigger on. Because there is a hot shot kid named Cook out of UC that I want us to take next year and Shell will be able to protect him from getting injured. Instead Marvin pushes for some nobody QB out of Vanderbilt.

From that point forward I just remember shaking my head as he go through the rest of our 41 picks.

LOL

I remember being ecstatic over the Pollack selection in 2005 since I feared he'd be gone.  Another "what might have been"- seems the Bengals have had more than their fair share of those.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest Bengal draft day memory - ElkValleyBengal - 04-26-2018, 07:19 PM
RE: Biggest Bengal draft day memory - J24 - 04-26-2018, 07:32 PM