Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m
(08-21-2015, 04:24 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It's sad because Iloka actually makes some huge, legal hits too. He goes very unrecognized, even by part of his own fanbase. Some people are just overly critical of own our guys, some of our players DO deserve this type of praise.

The part that baffles me is I saw somebody mention that Iloka isn't as good as Polamalu or Reed in their prime. Oh, really? Well, gee, that's only some Hall of Fame expectations to have there, nothing too crazy Rolleyes

Spotrac projected him to be the highest paid S in the league by about $100k lol I feel like some people are just getting worked up over the language "highest paid safety". If they projected it at $200k less, which is almost nothing when talking about these monster deals, I'd guarantee you wouldn't hear the nitpicking from these same people. Contracts in the NFL are getting more expensive each and every year, top guys at their position are going to make more and more as the salary cap increases. Iloka getting paid $7 million per won't sound too crazy sooner than later.

It is crazy how someone like him goes pretty unnoticed.  He can be the best coverage safety in the league, but if he isn't flashy about it, he will be ignored.  Picks are pretty. Laying the wood is pretty.  It's even better though, to know that you have a guy back there that just isn't going to give up big plays.  some will always downplay reliability and consistency in favor of flashiness.

I fully expect him to get paid like one of the best...even if that number seems high for s safety.  Maybe it's not as high as I've been thinking....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-21-2015, 04:41 PM