Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else rooting for the Royals?
(08-21-2015, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They are a small market team that has amassed a lot of talent.  Lot's of "scrappy" young guys.  No arrogant superstars.  Now that they have Johnny Beisbol they are my favorite team (behind the Reds).

Trying to find something to make the rest of the season meaningful.  So it helps that they have 6 more wins than any other AL team.  They have a great shot to make it to the World Series.  Maybe another classic inter-state battle with the Cards.

I usually root for the NL team in the World Series, but last year was different.  For 20 years I complained that baseball was too top heavy, and being a fan of the Royals (who last won when I was 11 yrs old) had to be torture.  For years, they knew that their team would be out of it in mid June.  Playing for a team like that would be just as bad.  What's the point?

So for the last couple of years I have been rooting for KC (I would root for the Pirates too if they weren't in our division now).  They went thru decades of irrelevance, but it appears that they are onto something sustainable....  George Brett is also one of my all time favorite players.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else rooting for the Royals? - jason - 08-21-2015, 03:03 PM