Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the old in with the new
(05-14-2018, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's a good amount of catches considering the opportunities he got. The guy has been reliable at everything we've asked him to do, and there were a lot of critical 3rd downs mixed in those 18 catches. He also produced well with 251 yards and 1 TD. I will say this though, through 2 years, he's been a very mediocre punt returner, and he regressed as a kick returner last year. I don't think we can trade him for anything.

I like his potential as a decent slot guy, but he's never going to be Wes Welker. That said, I'd rather cut the overrated (and less useful) Cody Core than Erickson, who can play slot or reliably return kicks if need be.

I was reading and nodding until you took a shot at my guy, Core.  Just like Fej on defense, there is always an underdog that I am rooting for and on offense, it has been Core.  That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth to what you said.  I just feel like Core had a great finish to 2016 (with no AJ Green opposite him) and he got injured at the worst possible time last year and never seemed to get another shot.  

I hope he stays healthy this year and shows he could be a strong option at X in rotation with Ross.  Lafell should move to the slot to back up Boyd.  I think Core would have to have an amazing camp and preseason to dethrone the guy that the Bengals seem to think so highly of, but he doesn't really offer much as an X receiver in Lafell.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Out with the old in with the new - TKUHL - 05-14-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - 3wt - 05-15-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - SHRacerX - 05-15-2018, 07:43 AM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - 3wt - 05-15-2018, 07:22 PM