Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pollack: "you’ve still gotta kick the guy’s ass"
(05-23-2018, 02:46 PM)depthchart Wrote: Pollack is using old Football speak to send a message to his players and others that he expects them to dig deep to win the brutal physical matchup against the guy across from them. A battle of Will that Johnny and Joe have to work for. Ultimately decided by the guys on the field.

Each guy will be taught X's and O's which will only take them so far. The rest is up to them.

I know this is Foreign to you, since you are a Paul Alexander disciple and Paul believed in his own ability to find a random Johnny or Joe and then provide them with a Ketchup bottle to open. Once they passed the Ketchup test, then it wasn't the Johnnies or Joes but rather the wisdom of the O-line Coach that imparted the X's and O's on Johnny or Joe who would succeed only if they listened intently to the Paul.

Paul would stick with his hand picked Johnny or Joe even if they were getting spanked by the other team's Jims because Paul would dig in his heels to prove himself right about that mid round soon to be Gem.

Paul's knowledge of X's and O's could Will his hand picked Johnnies or Joes to success by their mere fortune of having him as their O-line Coach imparting his wisdom after first recognizing the unseen diamond in the rough that only he could see.

Meanwhile, Pollack's approach is looking to be refreshingly different with an Old School twist.

ThumbsUp

(05-23-2018, 03:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This gets me even more excited than I already am. When you read between the lines he is really bringing this team together and creating a machine. Much different than the weekly minion reunion we are used to seeing on the field. Holy Cow I'm friggen stoked right now!

Harley's tail is waggin'!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pollack: "you’ve still gotta kick the guy’s ass" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-23-2018, 04:36 PM